Fireworks Safety in Wisconsin
Safety is our main concern. And as fireworks professionals in Wisconsin, we enjoy the magnificent splendor and beauty of a great fireworks display but also respect fireworks for their inherent risks. We always handle them in a safe manner abiding by some common sense guidelines. We want you to do the same.
1. Never let children handle fireworks
Only adults should handle and light fireworks. Fireworks burn VERY hot, potentially causing severe burns, and are intended to be handled only by responsible adults.
2. Do not consume alcohol while handling or lighting fireworks.
Alcohol impairs your senses, judgement, and reaction time. Impairment leads to accidents, injuries, and possibly death. Be a responsible adult ~ don't consume alcohol and handle fireworks.
3. Have a fire extinguisher or a source of water near by
To alert you to any emergency that may arise, keep a fire extinguisher, water hose, or a bucket of water near by to douse any flames. Appoint another responsible adult as a spotter to alert you to any emergency that me arise and be ready with the water source.
4. Keep a First Aid Kit nearby.
Keep a First Aid Kit neaby for treatment of minor burns.
5. Light only one firework at a time.
6. Don't try and relight a "dud."
Never try and relight a "dud" or any firework that has failed to ignite or gone out. Let the item stand for at least twenty minutes and then immerse it in water overnight. Then properly dispose of the item.
7. Do not throw burned out sparklers on the ground.
The hot debris left over from the sparkler can burn someone if they step on it.
8. Always wear proper clothing whenever you use fireworks.
This includes cotton or denim clothing, long pants, eye protection, covered shoes, and (if necessary) ear protection.
9. Keep fireworks away from open flames.
Keep fireworks away from open flames, including cigarettes. Never smoke around fireworks.
10. Never throw or toss fireworks at another person or animal.
11. Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
12. Use fireworks only outdoors.
Never use fireworks indoors.
13. Use fireworks in an open space that is clear of spectators, buildings, vehicles, debris and flammable materials.
Keep spectators a safe distance away from the display. We recommend at least 35 feet for fountains and other ground items and 300 feet for aerial items.
14. Follow the law
Follow your State and Local laws regarding the use of consumer fireworks. Use only fireworks permitted by law in your State or local jurisdiction.
15. Read all warning labels carefully and follow any written instructions.
Be sure to carefully read item labels to make sure you understand the product's performance and potential hazards prior to ignition.
16. Light fireworks on a hard, level surface.
A hard level surface will help insure the stability of the items you are lighting. Grass is not generally a good surface to use as it may allow items to tip or fall over. If you must light fireworks on a grass surface then place a large, flat, wooden board down first as a shooting surface.
17. Keep body parts clear of fireworks.
Never place any body part over the top of a firework product. Never look into a firework tube to see if the item has fired. Never hold a firework item in your hands. When lighting a firework item, ignite the fuse and then step away to a safe distance.
18. Protect your eyes.
Always wear safety goggles or safety glasses to protect your eyes. Anyone lighting or in close proximity to the fireworks needs to wear eye protection.
19. Windy conditions.
Never light fireworks in heavy wind conditions. Keep spectators safe by having the prevailing winds blowing away from them.
20. Respect your neighbors.
Always keep your neighbors in mind and inform them when you will be lighting fireworks. Better yet, invite them over to enjoy the show!
21. Use common sense.
Fireworks City wants you and your family and friends to enjoy the beauty and excitement of the fantastic fireworks we offer. But more importantly, we want you all to remain safe. Don't let a wonderful scene turn into a nightmare by ignoring these simple "common sense" safety guidelines.
- NOVELTIES - GROUND Poopy Puppy
- 500 GRAM CAKES Silver War
- 500 GRAM CAKES Screaming Eagles
- 500 GRAM CAKES Safety Rules
- 500 GRAM CAKES No BS
- 500 GRAM CAKES ARRRRRRR
- 500 GRAM CAKES How You Doing?
- 500 GRAM CAKES Landing...
- 500 GRAM CAKES Captain Jake
- 500 GRAM CAKES Dragon
- 500 GRAM CAKES Very Evil
- 500 GRAM CAKES Gone Fishing
- 500 GRAM CAKES Haunted Honeymoon
- 500 GRAM CAKES Fortune is Smiling
- 200 GRAM CAKES Scene of the Crash by Cutting Edge
- FOUNTAINS Flabagaster by Cutting Edge
- FOUNTAINS Flippin Fire by Cutting Edge
- FOUNTAINS Flippin Awesome by World Class
- FOUNTAINS Violet and Crimson Fountain 6pc
- FOUNTAINS Eye Trix by World Class
- FOUNTAINS Just Trippin\' by World Class
- ROCKETS Flame Thrower Rocket by Cutting Edge
- ROCKETS Orbit Rocket by Cutting Edge
- ROCKETS Ring Shell Rocket by World Class
- ROCKETS Space Visit by World Class
- ROCKETS Need For Speed
- ARTILLERY SHELLS Motion Maker Artillery Shells
- ARTILLERY SHELLS Color Burst Artillery Shells
- ARTILLERY SHELLS Liberty Artillery Shell
- ARTILLERY SHELLS Air Show Artillery Shells, 1.75 inch
- ARTILLERY SHELLS Crackling Artillery Shells
- 200 GRAM CAKES Happy Fireworks
- ROMAN CANDLES 10 Ball Assorted Effect Roman Candle
- 200 GRAM CAKES Mighty Cobra by Cutting Edge
- 200 GRAM CAKES Silver Eagle by Cutting Edge
- 200 GRAM CAKES Green Heaven
- 200 GRAM CAKES Cover Yo\' Ears
- 200 GRAM CAKES Bomb Bastic
- 200 GRAM CAKES Lion King by World Class
- 500 GRAM CAKES Captain Pyro
- 500 GRAM CAKES Superhero 2022
- 500 GRAM CAKES - 3 Inch Evil, Wicked, Mean and Nasty
- 500 GRAM CAKES - 3 Inch Migraine
- 500 GRAM CAKES - 3 Inch Unstoppable
- 500 GRAM CAKES Loud
- 500 GRAM CAKES Beautiful
- 500 GRAM CAKES One Bad Mother-In-Law
- 500 GRAM CAKES Final Cut
- 500 GRAM CAKES Dynomite
- 500 GRAM CAKES Midnite Madness
- 500 GRAM CAKES Lucifer
- 500 GRAM CAKES Fabulous
- 500 GRAM CAKES Hometown Hero
- 500 GRAM CAKES Vegas Shakers, The
- 500 GRAM CAKES Papas Shot Gun
- 500 GRAM CAKES Shanghai Kiss
- 500 GRAM CAKES Pretty Persuasion
- 500 GRAM CAKES Proud
- ROCKETS Gemini Missiles (24 pcs)